On this site, the Ministry of Health is asking a series of questions to help us shape the future of our health system.
You don’t need to sign up to comment on this site.
- To respond to one of our questions, click on ‘Have your say’ underneath the question.
- To respond to someone else’s comment, click on ‘Reply’ underneath their comment.
Filling out the comment form
- You don’t need to use your real name if you don’t want to.
- Your email address will only be used if we need to contact you, and will not be published on the site.
Your comment can be as long as you like. You can include links in your comment (by copying the URL into the comment field) but you can’t use html or any formatting.
When you submit your comment, you can also choose to:
- get an email when other comments are made – either all comments made in response to that question, or replies to your comment only
- have the site remember your name and email address, so that you don’t have to enter them whenever you add a comment.
If you choose to have the site remember you, this setting is stored in your browser’s cache – so if you clear out your browser history, or if it gets cleared out when you close your browser, the site won’t remember your details any more.
After you submit your comment
You’ll get an email once your comment has been approved. This may take longer in the evenings or on weekends.
Agreeing or disagreeing with comments
You can give a quick indication of whether or not you agree with a comment by clicking on the ‘thumbs up’ or ‘thumbs down’ symbol underneath a comment.
You can change your response by clicking on the other option, but you can’t remove your response altogether.
The site remembers that you’ve agreed or disagreed by using a setting stored in your browser’s cache. This means that if you clear out your browser history, or if it gets cleared out when you close your browser, the site won’t know that you’ve already agreed or disagreed with a comment. Please don’t use this to respond more than once!
We’re using polls to help us get an overview of what people think about particular ideas. These polls are displayed on the right-hand side or bottom of pages.
To answer a poll, select the option you agree with and click ‘Submit’.
You can see current results for a poll by clicking ‘Results’.
Once you’ve answered a poll, you’ll see the results automatically. The site remembers that you’ve answered the poll by using a setting stored in your browser’s cache. This means that if you clear out your browser history, or if it gets cleared out when you close your browser, the site won’t know that you’ve answered the poll already. Please don’t use this to answer the poll more than once!