Anything you post on this site is subject to the Official Information Act 1982.
Attribution of views
Comments on this website are the views of the contributors and do not represent the views of the Ministry of Health or the New Zealand Government.
Protecting your privacy (and the privacy of others)
Please do not share any of your own or anyone else’s private information (like addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details) on this website. Any comments that contain private information will be removed.
If you comment on this website, you will be asked for a name and email address.
- You don’t have to use your real name if you don’t want to.
- Your email address will only be used if we need to contact you, and will not be published on the site.
Your use of this website
You agree to act in accordance with the following rules while using this website:
- Be respectful of other users.
- Stay on topic – do not post comments that are unrelated to the specific topic.
- Do not use language or content that:
- appears to be spam
- is racist, sexist or discriminatory
- contains insults or put downs
- is likely to be offensive, inflammatory or provocative (including swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- contains potentially harmful advice
- is not accurate.
- Do not break the law or encourage others to do so (this includes defamation, breaching privacy, breaching another person’s intellectual property rights such as copyright, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court).
- Do not post personal information – addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details – relating either to you or other individuals.
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation.
- Do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication.
Use of your comments and information
By commenting on this website, you are granting the Ministry of Health permission to use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- publishing your comment on the website
- moderating website content
- notifying other website users of your comment (eg, by email)
- otherwise administering the website.
In addition, you give permission for your comments, information and ideas to be used and taken into account as part of the process of analysing feedback on the topic you've commented on.
If we want to use your comment in another way not specified above, we’ll email you to ask permission.
Anything you post on this site is subject to the Official Information Act 1982, the Privacy Act 1993, the Public Records Act 2005, and other relevant legislation.
All materials, software and images used on or to produce this website are owned by or licensed to the Ministry of Health.
While every effort has been made to ensure the quality of the information provided through the website, the Ministry does not guarantee that the information is correct or up to date.
This website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by the Ministry. The Ministry assumes no responsibility for the content or your use of any third party websites.
The Ministry will not be liable for any claims, damages, penalties or losses (either direct, consequential or inconsequential), including costs, which you may incur as a result of using this website.
You indemnify the Ministry against all claims, damages, penalties or losses (including costs) which we may incur as the result of your use of the website.